BC Wine and Grape Industry
· The BC Wine Industry’s $2.0 billion economic impact is a significant driver to the BC economy. For every bottle of wine produced in the Province, there is $42 of economic impact generated.
· More than 10,000 people have jobs in BC as a result of the wine and grape industry.
· British Columbians enjoy more than 234 million glasses or 47 million bottles of British Columbia wine each year.
· BC welcomes over 800,000 visitors every year through the wine economy, that is more than the province drew for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
· The BC Wine Industry generates $476 million in tourism and tourism employment related economic impact.
· More than $298 million in federal and provincial taxes and liquor board mark up is generated by the wine industry in BC each year. In taxes alone, the BC Wine Industry contributes $222 million.