Wednesday, October 26, 2016

From Sandwich to Wine

 A good husband's number one objective in marriage is to please his wife. With that in mind, I asked my lovely wife if she would like a sandwich. It is well known a man can make himself a sandwich in 30 seconds, bread, meat and bam it's done! Making one for your wife is another story!

We had fresh french bread from the bakery along with Tuscany ham that I was anxious to make into sandwiches for our lunch. I asked her what she would like on her sandwich; her reply "Coconut butter." I gave her the sandwich to which I had added lettuce.  After thanking me, she asked if I had put mayo on it.  "No, I replied you asked for coconut butter."  She came back with "But I always have mayo on my sandwiches." back to the drawing or should I say sandwich board for me.  "Won't make that mistake again" I mumbled to myself.

However, that was minor compared to the one I made a few nights ago. I felt I wanted something different, a something little more exciting than a glass of wine so I took a bottle of Chaberton Estate 2014 Siegerrebe Dessert Wine, Fraser Valley BC VQA from the wine rack and chilled it for a couple of hours before settling in front of the TV with my wife. I asked if she wanted to try some. "I better not" was the reply: "I just finished the last of my antibiotics."

The following evening I took the bottle from the fridge to again enjoy.  I didn't offer any to Barbara remembering her comment of the night before about the antibiotics. Noticing the bottle was not the usual shape of white wine she asked, "What are you drinking?" when I told her the response was; "Why didn't you offer me any. I am no longer on antibiotics."  Again my mind reading skills needed fine tuning.  Out came another dessert wine glass.

She sipped the wine and was immediately impressed; she loved it! Each sip warranted a comment such as "This is like sipping something from heaven, the texture, the aroma, the flavour is exquisite!"
Like her hearing Barbara's taste buds are very astute so when she raves about a wine you can take her word for it.  I suggest that you swing by Chaberton Estate Winery located at 1064 216th Street Langley and try a taste along with their other fine wines.


No comments:

Post a Comment