Wednesday, April 29, 2020


Dea's Wine & Co

Two words come to mind when you mention Kaiser Icewine and Inniskillin. Karl Kaiser is a Canadian legend when it comes to producing quality wines especially icewine. Today his daughter Andrea Kaiser has entered the winemaking business. Karl J. Kaiser was considered by many to be the pioneer of modern Canadian winemaking.

Andrea states her father's pursuit in creating exceptional wine was equalized by my grandmother Oka’s natural talent in the kitchen.

She writes the following

Perhaps it was this attitude that led me to a life-long career in hospitality which was cemented when my well-laid plans to go to law school were interrupted by my father’s spontaneous decision to buy a local restaurant. After ten years as a restaurateur, the world of wine did call me back when I joined a neighbouring family winery. Along the way, my appetite for learning was satiated by travel abroad and wine education including sommelier training. More recently I have delighted in sharing my passions by teaching and writing articles about what else, but food and wine.

After spending much of her working career in the restaurant business Andrea turned her attention to wine. First travelling and educating herself, then writing about food and wine. She is now Director of Marketing at Reif Estate Winery.

With the help of winemakers Roberto DiDomenico and Fernando Morales along with Klaus W. Reif she has released her own wine. The first release ‘Drea’s Sauvignon Blanc’ is dedicated to my father who, along with my family, affectionately called me ‘Drea’.

The wines are produced at Reif Estate Winery in Niagara on the Lake under the name Dea's Wine & Co

 Karl J. Kaiser 

No comments:

Post a Comment