Monday, November 22, 2021


 Home Cooking !


Barbara and I just returned home from a four day stint  of pet sitting in Tsawwassen. The best and most enjoyable part, was the two invites to our friends home for dinner.  Thankfully our friends always enjoy a glass or two of fine Canadian wine.

On our first night in Tsawwassen we were invited to join June and Peter on a Thursday evening. Thursday is important because that is Peter's night to prepare diner. On this Thursday Peter was preparing his special Baked Beans. If Peter was to can these beans he would put Libby's beans out of business. They are that good! 

The wine, for red, was Ink Red Rebel. A nice red blend offering black and red fruit flavours. I, myself chose the Ink Pinot Grigio. The Pinot Grigio was refreshing, light, with nice fruit flavours.

It was a pretty amazing meal. Thank you June and Peter.

The following evening once again we met up with June and Peter this time at the home of Jane and Ken. We started mid afternoon playing Ramoli. My five amazing friends are all red drinker. Where as I prefer to enjoy a fine white wine. 

Once seated at the card table Ken present me with a glass of white wine. Upon my first sniff of the wine I had a pretty good idea of what the wine was. My first sip confirmed my assumption. A Bacchus from Chaberton Estate Winery. Bacchus is one of my favourite wines.

Once Barbara and I had defeated (lol) everyone at Ramoli it was time for diner. A Beef Bourguignon to die for. It was amazing. The wine a Cabernet Franc 2019 from Church & State Winery. The perfect wine for a perfect diner.

Barbara and I consider ourselves to be so very lucky to have such very good friends. Friends who enjoy the fruits of Canada's wine industry as much as we do and are excellent chefs too!



No comments:

Post a Comment