Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Mac and  Cheese

Making a move towards to title of most "asked Question" What wines go best with Mac & Cheese.

Now I have to omit I love wine, but it has been a while since I have had Mac & Cheese. Nobody can make Mac & cheese the way my mother could.

Since the question has been asked numerous times I decide to find out the answer. Which means I had my wife order Mac & Cheese at a local restaurant along with the wine she orders at this restaurant. This would be a Jackson Triggs Cabernet Sauvignon. She enjoyed the dish along with the wine.

I was drinking a Riesling. I tasted her dish and found it pair extremely well with Riesling also from Jackson-Triggs.

In doing some research  Wine Spectator liked the earthy tones of the Pinot Noir to enhance a Mac & Cheese dish with mushrooms. Other wine folks have suggested Chardonnay, Ortega or Bacchus.

Next time we visit this restaurant I am going to have the  Mac & Cheese with a White Meritage

No comments:

Post a Comment