Friday, April 12, 2019


My wife is an excellent chef. She makes some wonderful meals. However, she has never made Yorkshire pudding. My Grandmother was an expert at it. Her roast beef dinners with all trimmings along with the most delicious Yorkshire pudding were the Sunday highlights of my early years.

Over my lifetime I have been invited to many a home for dinner and until last Tuesday only one has ever served Yorkshire pudding. My dreams came true on Tuesday as new friends provided the perfect dinner.

We started with a few appetizers and a California wine not worthy of mention.  The aromas coming from the kitchen were amazing. Once seated at the table we were present with slow-cooked roast beef, mashed potatoes, mashed turnip and carrots and gravy. To my surprise a heaping plate of perfectly made very delicious Yorkshire pudding.

The wine Black Hills Nota Bene 2015. I was in heaven. Good food, good wine and awesome company. I gave the first star to the pudding second star to the main course and the final star to the wine.





No comments:

Post a Comment