Sunday, July 21, 2024


 My Favourites


One of my favourite meals is Pork Chops. Crispy fried garlic butter chops are tender, juicy, and extremely delicious. You can even fry them in the Air Fryer.

For the perfect meal simply add your favourite wine. I have a number of wines i enjoy when having pork. They include Pinot Grigio or Pinot Gris. There are a number of wineries in the Okanagan that make wonderful Pinot Grigio.

Just last week, I quickly did three pork chops in the air fries and enjoyed them with mashed potatoes and a bottle of Bacchus from Chaberton Estate Winery here in the Fraser Valley. Oh! so good!

The signature wine of South Africa, Pinotage, would also be an excellent choice. Its high alcohol content would balance the pork's fatty elements.

Carmenere is one wine I have not tried with pork chops.  However, it has been recommend as a wine whose herbal elements work well with the pork

Now, if you prefer stuffed pork loin, try a Malbec. The flavours of berries, especially plum, add greatly to the dish. Chenin Blanc has also been suggested. I think I will give that one a try too!




No comments:

Post a Comment